If you are a do-it-yourself hobbyist, Zeny CUT-50 by Super Deal is a plasma cutter that you should know especially if you are on budget. It is also an option for any hobbyist whose job requires the cutting of meet metal sheets of different sizes as it is made to cut different sizes of metals. Rather than using a jig saw for cutting the metal, you can use CUT-50 as it will give a cleaner cutting. Unlike jig saw and other cutting tools, it does not cause your metal warp. The cutter is strongly made and it comes with a lot of features that give it an edge over other models on the same level with it. It has impressive performance which many previous consumers have commended in their various reviews. The cutter is also durable. Given its excellent functionality and workmanship, it is a good value for money. You may consider buying this machine if you are looking for a cutter that delivers impressive cutting result and yet you are on a budget. But before you order for the machine thinking that you have gotten the perfect machine you have been looking for, it will be good for you to take time to read this review to know the features, specification, pros and cons so that you will be able to make an informed decision. Read on to know more about this cutter.
Features and description
You will start falling in love with the product when you get your order and remove machine from the box. The box contains air pressure regulator, 2 plasma tips, cutting torch LG-40, small manual, grounding clamp, welding face mask, chipping hammer/wire brush, small manual, pressure reducing, welding face mask (very dark, very high level) and pressure reducing valve. A power cord which is not prewired with a plug is also included in the box. Other things that are included in the box are the goggles, 2 pieces of gas pipe clasper, 2 pieces of hoop and one PG head.
Zeny CUT-50 is an auto dual outlet machine implying that it operates in two ways. This explains why the machine does not come with plug or air hose. However, if you require a plug or an air hose, you can purchase it by yourself. The plug is not expensive to purchase and considering the price at which the cutter is sold, the absence of plug is a negligible imperfection. If you are purchasing a plug, you should buy either a 110 or 220v plug. It all depends on your need.
The plasma comes with a user manual which is written in English language. Before you start making use of the cutter, it is advisable that you go through the user manual. Even though some reviewers have described it as weird or poorly written, it will still be useful to you. When testing the machine, always refer to the user manual. It features a manual dial which is located at the right hand side of the machine. CUT-50 comes with a digital readout from where you will be able to view the point you are manually dialed in at. The good thing about this feature is that it is quite easy to read thanks to the impressive clarity it delivers.
This plasma cutting machine can be used to cut different kinds of metal sheets such as aluminum, stainless steel, steel, copper and others. The cutting precision and result depends to a certain extent on the cleanliness of your work material that is on the cleanliness of the metal that you are cutting. You will obtain cleaner and better cutting result if the metal you are working on is clean. If the workpiece is dirt, it will reflect on the plasma tip. But despite how clean the workpiece is, the cutter will be able to cut through it insofar as the thickness is within the cutting thickness range of 1-12mm. This plasma also features a switch for a delay of 2.5 and 5 seconds. A heavy duty cord of about 7 to 8 feet long is attached to the cutting torch.
- Max cutting thickness: 1-12mm
- Protection class: IP21S
- Insulation class: F
- Efficiency: 85%
- Duty cycle: 60%
- No-load voltage: 230V
- Current rage: 20-50A
- Main Fuse: 16/22A
- Voltage: 110/220v, 60Hz, 3.5/4.8KVA
- CUT-50 has received numerous positive reviews thanks to the numerous benefits they obtain from its use. Below are some of the positive sides of this machine.
- It is available in a lightweight design. This means that you will be able to take it from one point to another as you are working. Moving it from one job site to another is not something that will cause you problem.
- It is available in a low price tag. Some of the previous buyers of this product have said that they were first attracted by its low price. So, if you are on budget, you should consider purchasing it.
- It is quite easy to set up. Whether you are a professional or not, you will be able to set this machine up by yourself.
- It delivers impressive cutting results regardless of its low cost.
- It can be used to cut different kinds of metals
- Despite these benefits, CUT-50 is not a perfect product that has not got any imperfection. The dark sides of this product include the following:
- The user manual as noted by a number of users is not well organized even though it is written in English. You will obtain clearer and additional information from YouTube or online forum.
- It is not suitable for high grade cutting or cutting of metals with thickness higher than 1/2″.
- You need to purchase your own air hose and plug if you require them. Though these parts are not expensive but if you are on budget, definitely, you will like to have every parts intact.
This Zeny plasma cutter is an option for any hobbyist. It is affordable but it delivers impressive cutting result. With negligible drawbacks, the product when compared with other models on the same level, it can be regarded a value for money. You will find it useful if you are on budget or if you need something that you’ll use to work around the house.